And Sri Damodar Swaroop ji was right. After a lapse of seventy-three years, we have a mutilated, defaced constitution, worse than just merely keeping it. What Damodar Swaroop meant was the following in practice. Of asking a few simple, rudimentary, every day questions before force feeding the constitution down our throats back then:
1. What are the food habits and diet of these proverbial villagers?
2. What are the unique local/village customs related to worship, traditions, rituals, marriage, death, etc, which they have inherited from time immemorial?
3. What is their typical daily life?
4. How are disputes resolved at the local level so that satisfactory justice is delivered in the shortest possible time?
5. How do they spend their spare time? What are their typical modes of recreation, sports, etc?